Friday, September 10, 2010

Thirsty


"O God, You are my God; earnestly I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh faints for You, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water" (Ps. 63:1).
It has been very dry lately. There hasn't been any good, soaking rain in a long time. And of course, when that happens, things begin to die. So we're having a premature fall.


What a solemn reminder of creation's dependence upon its Creator. All God must do is withhold His hand from giving rain, and life begins to end. Let us never start to think that we can make it without God. It is only by His daily grace that we endure. Without Him we wither. Yet let us also not forget that He is good, and that He has made provision for our thirst:
"Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life" (John 4:13-14).
 There is a source. Let us drink from it always!

No comments: