Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Daily

I guess everybody's had those "days," when you get to the end and you're simply exhausted. Feels like there was more to do than there was time to do it. It can get discouraging and disheartening. What a comfort it is to know that, even on days like that, God is holding us. He holds us every day! That's quite a promise.


We need to be borne on a daily basis, and we need to be borne by someone bigger than us. Blessed be the Lord, who fills that role for us! He bears us when we could never bear ourselves. He saves us when we could never have saved ourselves. He is patient with us when we become impatient with ourselves. He is a good God. We need Him every day!

(The photograph is from our recent vacation to Watoga, WV. More to follow, I'm sure.)

5 comments:

Tyler van der Hoeven said...

Wow, amazing! I sooooooo wish I had been there! Great capture and catch.

Anonymous said...

I love this one Sam. The lake is so calm and reflects the sun to perfectly. Great pictures - would make a great scripture card...hint hint. ☺

Mom

Unknown said...

Uhhhhh, Tyler . . . You were there. ;)

Hannah said...

Kinda neat, Sam...I was thinking about that same thing yesterday. I woke up late after a 13-hour day of work, lookin' at another 13-hour day...and just had to ask Him to not only be sufficient for me physically...but to also give me grace enough to be kind and cheerful as well! It was neat how faithful He was to uphold me in that way, too. Even those things are by His Spirit...more apparent on the weary days when it doesn't come as naturally. :)
Beautiful picture, too!

Unknown said...

Thanks Hannah. I too have been awed lately by God's never-ending, never ceasing faithfulness. He is always great enough to meet my need, no matter how insufficient I naturally am. Thank you for the reminder!