Saturday, September 11, 2010

Am I Nuts?

"When I am afraid, I put my trust in You. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?" (Ps. 56:3-4)
Sometimes, trusting God can feel more dangerous than safe. It often looks like the craziest way to go. How can it possibly be safer to trust someone else to know what's best for us? It's nuts!

Or is it?
This I know, that God is for me. In God, whose word I praise, in the LORD, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can man do to me?" (Ps. 56:9-11)
Maybe trusting God isn't so nuts. He's on our side, and He is omniscient and omnipotent. And if He knows everything and can do anything, then we are best off trusting Him with our lives. He knows what is best for us far better than we do, so if we trust Him, we have nothing to worry about. The only time we are truly nuts is when we fail to trust Him.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

In case you're wondering, the smallest nut is an acorn, the middle-sized nut is a buckeye, and the largest nut is a walnut. We have all three types in plentiful supply, especially at this time of year.

Tyler van der Hoeven said...

Fantastic words! Reminds me of a great song by MercyMe titled 'crazy'.

Hannah said...

That was a corn-y title.
Kinda off the wall, nut.
But you're right on the buck, eye think.

Unknown said...

Hah hah! Very creative Hannah. Acorn, walnut, and buckeye. Very good.

Hannah said...

Whoa! I just noticed that my comment included all three of your nuts...amazing!

Unknown said...

I sort of wondered if your "a corn" one was purposeful. Hee hee :)