Monday, November 15, 2010

Blessing

I have just been blessed with a new camera. My 2 1/2-year-old camera has been growing gradually noisier. It served its purpose well, and remains a faithful piece of equipment--just a bit outdated.













It's not a DSLR. That's a bit beyond my interest and my budget :) But it is a top-of-the-line super-zoom, with an optical zoom of 35x (35mm equiv. = 840mm, which would be a very large DSLR lens). Here are some photograph and video examples of what this looks like:





I am extremely thankful for this new camera. By my rights, I deserve nothing but eternal wrath. Yet by God's grace through Jesus Christ, I receive not condemnation (Romans 8:1), but eternal spiritual blessing (Eph. 1:3). Blessing is not deserved; it is given. What's neat is that, even though material blessing is not necessarily promised us (unlike spiritual blessing), God still gives it. Let us take care that these blessings do not distract us from the Blesser! He blesses us not that we might become wrapped up in the blessing, but that we might become wrapped up in Him.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It is interesting (and funny) to note that my previous camera (Canon Powershot A720 IS) is now $100 more than the one I just bought (Canon Powershot SX30 IS)! I guess it's basically antique now!

Elizabeth Pruett said...

How exciting! I especially liked the video of the bird and the conversation that came with it. Good job!

Zachary J Pruett said...

Very nice camera. I'm pretty partial to Canon myself. Great photos from a great Christian guy.

Thanks

Unknown said...

Hi Elizabeth! Nice to hear from you. I've enjoyed getting to know your fiance. Nice guy :) I thought some people would enjoy the conversation in the background. That was me and one of my little sisters. Actually, you might be interested in my oldest sister's blog. Having briefly looked at your blog, I think you might share some common ground with her.

And Zachary, like you, I'm biased. As far as I'm concerned, Canon is the best :) Not necessarily the cheapest though . . .

Hannah said...

I'd say your old camera still takes pretty good pictures, considering you must have used it to take those neat pics of your new camera...small wonder it's an even more expensive camera than it was, and even than your new one!