Thursday, August 26, 2010

Unrestrained

On Saturday of last week I went outside to see if the sunset was going to be very pretty. It was, but I failed to get any good pictures of it. However, there was a most unexpected turn of events. After checking the sunset I was about to go inside, but decided instead to go through our woods toward the eastern field (opposite the sunset). It was a spider-webby trip, but I made it. It was well worth it :)


That Saturday evening, I was staring an upcoming difficulty in the face: BIBL 104, an online college course with Liberty University (LU). I've taken college courses at LU before, so I know the difficulty that is ahead. Like my journey through the dark, spidery forest, I know that the road before me holds the potential to be not-so-fun at times.



What I don't yet know, however, is the beauty and glory that may be at the end. Indeed, God promises that no matter what happens through the course of events, He will not restrain His mercy from me.

(if you can't read it, just click on the image)

What a hope! And it is not just a hope for me, for every Christian is in a constant struggle that can be VERY hard at times. Let us remember that no matter how difficult or trying our circumstances, God will not restrain His mercy from us. Think about that. It's amazing!

4 comments:

Tyler van der Hoeven said...

It is amazing, both the truth that God has laid out all our steps in love, and that He has provided all that we need to walk that path in joy. Fantastic images as well! Wish I had made it out. Where was I anyway?

Unknown said...

Oh, you were editing images again . . . :) Actually, I would have told you I was going out if I had known there would be anything interesting. I really didn't expect to find anything picture-worthy.

Mark Z. said...

Hey, You've got a really neat blog. How do you know so much from the Bible? It's amazing how it gives guidance to every part of life.

Unknown said...

Thanks! I don't really know much about the Bible, and certainly not enough, but what I do I just learn by reading and studying. It certainly is an amazing book!