Friday, April 30, 2010

Red River Gorge

Two weeks ago, Dad, Hannah, Grace, Abbie, and I went with some family friends down to Red River Gorge, a park in Kentucky about an hour from our house. At that time it was mid-spring, and simply gorgeous. I could have titled this post "Red River Gorgeous," but that sounded too unprofessional. But it really was beautiful out there. New flowers and leaves, the sky was spotless, the temperatures were perfect. . . It was lovely.

This is a hanging bridge that we crossed, but shouldn't have. Once everyone had crossed, I got this picture. Then we turned around, crossed back over, and went the right way.

There were many peculiar plants and flowers on that trip. Below is a particularly interesting plant that we couldn't identify, but I looked it up on Google. It's called a Mayapple, and actually has an edible fruit. We have a couple in our yard, but we've never identified it.

This was a neat little "mini waterfall" coming off the cliff.

This was a view from the top of a cliff. It was rather windy up there.

Here's a beautiful old buzzard flying above the treetops.

A Maple leaf, if I remember correctly.

I've been trying some different things to add "originality" to my pictures. This one's an interesting one. I typically don't like twisted angles like this, but I had to give it a try with these straight, tall trees.

Here's a once-in-a-lifetime picture. If you think about it a little, you'll understand. . . :)

All said and done, it was a wonderful trip. A great opportunity to behold the majesty of God in new surroundings. The awesomeness of His creation reaches throughout the whole world, doesn't it?

No comments: