Sunday, November 29, 2009

Proverbs 3:5-8

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD, and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones" (Proverbs 3:5-8, English Standard Version).

Sometimes it seems like my life is a roller coaster. I don't know if it's like that for everyone, but I know that for me, it's up and down, side to side, round and round, and all over the place at different times. Some days I feel great, and other days I just feel rotten, so when I came across this verse, it was really neat for me. It was a great reminder that God is in control, that He knows everything, and therefore He is the one to trust with my life. I simply do not understand what is going on around me well enough to control my life. But God does, so if I trust Him, acknowledge Him, fear Him, and turn from evil, He will make my paths straight, and less like a roller coaster.

So I took this verse, and did the best I could to get a photo that summed up verses 5 and 6. I like roller coasters for the most part, but I do not like having a roller coaster life. Solomon shows that life trusting God is no roller coaster, but rather a straight path.


1 comment:

vdhkids said...

I just made this my computer background (Dad was tired of the squirrel with the nut, even though it is my computer). The verse is a wonderful reminder and the picture very fall-ish.