Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring Rains

"Let us know; let us press on to know the LORD; His going out is sure as the dawn; He will come to us as the showers, as the spring rains that water the earth" (Hosea 6:3, English Standard Version).

Well, I don't know about everywhere, but here in Kentucky spring is arriving. Spring is, without a doubt, my most favorite season. It is an amazing time of year: all the new life, colors, smells, and sounds. Yet this life cannot come without at least two things: rain and sunshine. Tyler and I went out on a morning not too long ago and got some pictures of the rain side of this equation.


The column of rain coming from this cloud looked simply awesome. My brother Tyler is photographing it in the picture above.


How much spring rains can speak about God! The spring rain provides the earth with the water it needs just when it needs it, and Christ did a very similar thing for us: "For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly" (Romans 5:6, English Standard Version).



Doesn't my brother look heroic in this picture, looking out on the big giant storm? Hee hee.



The rainbow is another awesome picture of God's grace, faithfulness, and creativity. He will never forget the promise he made in Genesis 9. Every time He sees the rainbow, He remembers His covenant of salvation.


As the passage quoted at the beginning of this post says, the spring rains have a lot to say about their creator. I just need to keep my eyes and ears open!

2 comments:

vdhkids said...

but, but, but....I dont't LIKE big, giant storms, Sam. Spring = storms

Unknown said...

hee hee. How could you not like big, giant storms? They're so awesome and powerful! I'll have to do a post on big storms when we get one. Want me to warn you? :)