Monday, October 26, 2009

Slow Down

August 6th was a foggy morning, and I love foggy mornings. So I grabbed my camera and ran outside to see if I could get any good pictures. At first glance it might look like I got some decent photos, but I probably could have gotten some much better ones if I had walked rather than run.

As I ran madly down the clearing to where the fog was best, I heard a crash up ahead. I stopped, looked up, and saw a deer just disappearing into the woods. I thought, "Oh man!" but kept right on charging down the path to get to my destination. More crashing. I stopped and looked again, and this time saw TWO deer disappearing into the woods. That was really sad. I only have one deer picture that's any good (I imagine it will show up in this blog soon), and it would have been great to have gotten some more.

But I got my fog pictures, and hopefully I learned a lesson too. Hopefully next time I go out on a photographic mission I'll slow down and keep an eye out for things I would otherwise miss.

"Desire without knowledge is not good, and whoever makes haste with his feet misses his way" (Proverbs 19:2, English Standard Version).

2 comments:

Tyler van der Hoeven said...

Thanks for that post Sam, a good reminder to all of us. Keep 'em coming.

Hannah said...

I think we should name the tree in that first picture Saul. "From his shoulders upward he [is]taller than any of the [trees]."