Saturday, April 9, 2011

Farewell, Blogger

Today I am moving my blog from glimpsesofcreation.blogspot.com to glimpsesofcreation.tumblr.com. If you didn't catch the difference, the new blog is on tumblr.com instead of blogspot.com. Other than that, the URL is the same. Therefore, if you deem my blog worthy of following, please change your internet bookmarks to the aforementioned link :)

I am moving blogs for several reasons:
  1. I have been learning some things about web design and, well, let's just say my blog isn't the most well-designed site. I learned SO much in developing this blog, but I needed to leave it behind.
  2. I have been getting into another artistic branch that didn't particularly fit this blog: typography. This has been a strictly photography blog, but now I'm getting more into typography and would like to share that as well as my photography. The change seemed like a good opportunity to move.
  3. As a developing web developer, I need more custamizeability. Tumblr provides that improvement.
  4. Tumblr also provides a more modern blog editor. Blogger works, and I have been really impressed with their features (I think they will be updating this year, too). But Tumblr's done well with some things that matter to me, so I'm switching to them.
  5. It provided an opportunity to learn new things and gain fresh experiences.
  6. I LOVE designing new web sites!
What I will miss the most in the new blog is the archive. I have written 110 posts on this old and faithful blog, and it is not easy for me to leave that behind. That is the hardest thing. But I will by no means be deleting the blog, so it should be here anytime I (or you) want to see some of my previous work.

So adios, Blogger. You've served me well, but I'm moving on. May God grant me the strength to continue seeking His glory through my work and writing. The site is changing; the goal is not. Thank you for bearing with my transportation!

Once again, the new link is:

No comments: