Friday, February 19, 2010

John 16:33

It was the end of a stormy day, June 26, 2009. I got outside and had an amazing time of photography. I first got these pictures of sun rays beaming above giant clouds. The cloud picture below, which I titled "Tower Cloud" was simply huge. It's so hard to tell, but it literally towered over my head. It was so very high. 

As the massive clouds moved on, the sun began to beam out below the clouds down to the horizon. It was gorgeous. 



As I said, this was back in June of last year. Here recently, however, I ran into a verse in John 16 that would bring these pictures to my attention again:

I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world" (John 16:33, English Standard Version). 

What a reminder of the comfort I can draw through the knowledge that my Savior has overcome the world. Though I face clouds and storms, the hope of His victory beams through the clouds of my tribulation and gives me peace. Sound like a verse picture? It sure did to me. So using one of those pictures from June, I put together the following picture:

2 comments:

vdhkids said...

oooh, nice one Sam.

Tyler van der Hoeven said...

I agree Sam, very nice, especially the verse cloud, we'll have to make that into a card soon.